Let's look back at last years' top diamond trends:
- Top diamond trends
- Most popular diamond jewelry styles
- Most popular engagement ring styles
- Affordable diamond jewelry
What Are The Top Diamond Trends In 2022?
1. Round Diamonds
The top diamond trend this year comes as no surprise: the classic round diamond. Year after year, the round reigns supreme. This is thanks to its timeless shape and unparalleled brilliance.
The bottom line is this: you simply cannot go wrong with a round diamond. It maintains it's popularity and we do not see that changing any time soon.
2. Oval Diamonds
The oval cut is a popular center diamond in an engagement ring thanks to it's soft, rounded edges. Oval diamonds remain in high demand as they are similar to rounds in term of brilliance, but their elongated shape is both flattering on the finger and maximizes carat weight.
Fun fact: the largest diamond in the world, the Koh-I-Noor, is an oval cut diamond weighing in at 105.6ct.
3. Yellow Diamonds
A fun diamond trend to emerge this year was the yellow diamond. A yellow diamond adds a pop of subtle color to an engagement ring. Whether you opt for a yellow center stone or yellow side stone details, the yellow diamond creates a memorable ring.
Most Popular Diamond Jewelry Styles
1. Two Stone Rings
As is often the case, celebrities pave the way for incoming diamond ring trends. In the past few years, we have seen a rise in two stone rings, also known as Toi Et Moi rings. With the likes of Ariana Grande, Megan Fox and Emily Ratajkowski proudly displaying their two stone, unique creations. The beauty of a two stone engagement ring, is that it allows you to showcase two stones, with two specific meanings. It also gives you the opportunity to create something truly bespoke.
2. Ear Climbers
Seen on the runway at Saint Laurent and others, diamond ear climbers climbed their way to the top last year. Another take on a 90’s trend, ear climbers can be adapted to any occasion, at any time of the day, and be dressed up or down. They give wearers the edgy look of having multiple piercings, without the reality of getting them.
Most Popular Engagement Ring Styles
1. Embellished Engagement Rings
The top engagement ring trend is for diamond rings with detail.
Embellished, vintage inspired settings made their way back last year. The dainty romance of lace-like rings created in gold and platinum replaced the plain bands of years past. Engagement rings with the essence and look of being timeless heirlooms are increasingly popular.
2. Unique Engagement Rings
Unique designs are also increasingly popular. Whether it is a two stone ring using the couple's birthstones or an asymmetrical design, more than ever, couple's are looking to put their personal stamp of their engagement ring. Any why not? Your engagement ring should be a representation of your love as a couple.
3. Contemporary Engagement Rings
As minimalism made waves last year, so did more angular and edgy designs. With rectangle, triangle and pyramid shapes outlining the edges of accessories, there was a movement last year to value clean, yet understated lines in diamond jewelry. This aesthetic works particularly well at the office, where minimalist, contemporary designs can elevate any outfit without overpowering.
Where To Shop Affordable Diamond Jewelry
Has our breakdown of the top diamond trends inspired you to add to your diamond jewelry collection? Shop a wide range of loose diamonds and diamond jewelry, pre-owned and expertly authenticated at myGemma, by clicking the button below. From pear shaped diamond rings to designer wedding bands to luxury eternity bands.
How To Sell Diamond Rings?
For those looking to upgrade or sell their diamond jewelry, myGemma is here to help.
- Speed: Our entire service can take as little as 24 hours from start to finish. We buy your items directly, no listing them on your behalf and waiting for them to sell.
- Reputation: Customer service is at the heart of what we do. With an A+ rating from the BBB and over 1,000 customer reviews, myGemma specializes in streamlining the process of buying back luxury jewelry, watches and handbags.
- Convenience: Sell in person (NYC, Hong Kong, Tokyo and the UK) or online, we provide free shipping and insurance to send your items in.
- Free Service: Our service is free of charge, with no fees or commissions deducted from your final offer. We believe in honest price quotes and transparency at every stage of the selling process.
- Luxury Experts: Our team of GIA trained gemologists and designer goods experts are on hand to answer any questions you may have. Whether you are selling a rose cut diamond ring or Hermes Birkin bag, we are here to help.
We pride ourselves on our customer service and on providing a reliable and trustworthy way to sell your luxury goods.
Please note that for non branded items, we specialize in purchasing diamonds with a carat weight of 0.5ct or larger.