- What to look for in a diamond jewellery buyer
- How to choose a diamond jewellery buyer
- Best place to sell diamond jewellery by appointment
- Best place to sell diamond jewellery online
What To Look For In A Diamond Jewellery Buyer?
To ensure that you are working with a trustworthy jewellery buyer who will provide you with an honest and fair price for your diamond jewellery, here are the criteria that they should meet:
- Expertise: A diamond jewellery buyer must employ diamond experts, ideally GIA trained gemmologists, who can best assess and price your jewellery based on the second-hand market. Pricing diamond jewellery is a complex process, requiring an experienced professional with the necessary market knowledge.
- Reputation: You should only work with buyers that have an excellent reputation. Always do your research and look for credible positive reviews from previous customers. Be wary of buyers with only negative reviews or no reviews at all.
- Convenient Process: A reputable diamond jewellery buyer should not have a complicated or confusing selling process. You should be able to sell your jewellery from the comfort of your home or at an in-person location.
- Competitive Prices: When selling something as valuable as diamond jewellery, your buyer should have a network of connections in the industry allowing them to provide you with competitive offers.
- Safety: You should always feel comfortable selling your diamond jewellery. If you mail in your items to a buyer, they should always be secure, trackable, insured and opened on camera.
How To Choose A Diamond Jewellery Buyer?
There are countless places where you can sell your diamond jewellery, all with their unique benefits and drawbacks. The most popular diamond buyers include:
PROS: Great for selling a wide array of items. Due to its user friendly interface, it is easy to search for items and put your items up for sale. You are able to set your own price for your jewellery and pick your buyer.
CONS: There is no guarantee when your item will sell, it could take weeks or months, if it does sell at all. If your jewellery is bought, eBay will take a percentage of your earnings. Not every buyer will feel comfortable buying from an unfamiliar seller with little to new reviews. You will also need to trust that the person you sell your diamond jewellery to is not a scammer. Ensure that you never share your banking information or any other personal details.
PROS: A local, convenient and fast option. You can receive payment for your jewellery in cash.
CONS: They do not employ jewellery experts who can accurately assess the value of your diamond jewellery. This means that you will likely undersell as they may make conservative price offers.
- Auction Houses
PROS: A traditional selling option for highly expensive valuables. Employs jewellery experts who can evaluate and price your items. You can meet with various auction houses to see where you can get the highest base offer.
CONS: Similarly to selling online, there is no guarantee that your diamond jewellery will sell if it does sell at all. Auction houses will take a percentage of your earnings if your jewellery is bought, this amount will vary per auction house. You will also need to wait for auctions to be held, frequency varies with each auction house. And finally, only extremely rare and expensive jewellery is suited for the auction house.
- Hatton Garden
PROS: Offers a large number of jewellery buyers to select from. Some jewellers may pay you in cash.
CONS: A high pressure and stressful environment. Not all buyers in Hatton Garden are GIA trained gemmologists. There are also some unscrupulous dealers to be wary of.
PROS: myGemma is an established and specialist diamond jewellery buyer in the UK. We offer the fastest and safest way to sell your jewellery with the option of selling online OR via appointment in Birmingham or London. Our staff of GIA trained gemmologists, jewellery and luxury watch experts can evaluate your items and provide you with competitive prices based on the second-hand market. With offices in New York and Hong Kong, our international presence and industry connections allow us to provide you with competitive offers for your diamond jewellery. Our process is free of charge, with no hidden fees or commissions deducted from your offer, so the final price we give you is the exact amount you will receive. With hundreds of positive reviews from satisfied customers around the world, you can be sure that you are dealing with the leading diamond jewellery buyer.
CONS: Limited locations for in-person appointments in the UK. Headquartered in Birmingham, we also host appointment days in London.
Best Place To Sell Diamond Jewellery Via Appointment?
- In Birmingham
myGemmas UK headquarters is in Birmingham, located within the jewellery quarter. We offer in-person appointments Monday through Friday from 10am to 5pm. Please contact us to schedule your appointment. Our jewellery experts will perform a thorough evaluation of your diamond jewellery and provide you with a firm offer. You can receive payment through bank transfer.
- In London
myGemma holds monthly appointments in London and hosts appointments. To learn when our next appointment day is, speak with one of our representatives to book your appointment. When you meet with our team, you will receive an expert evaluation and firm price. You can receive your final offer through bank transfer.
Best Place To Sell Diamond Jewellery Online
We also offer the option of letting you mail-in your diamond jewellery as well as any loose diamonds and luxury watches. This is free of charge and highly secure. You can mail-in your pieces from anywhere in the UK or Europe. Simply fill out our online form, receive an initial price range and we will send you a free Royal Mail Special Delivery Pack to send your jewellery in for a final price. Your items will always be fully insured and opened on camera. Upon your diamond jewellerys arrival we will evaluate your pieces and provide you with your final offer. If you accept this offer you can be paid by bank transfer. If you do not want to accept our offer, we will mail your diamond jewellery back to you for free through the Royal Mail. The entire process can take as little as 48 hours.
If you are ready to sell your diamond jewellery today call 0121-288-8280 to speak with one of our experts today, or click the button below to get your offer.