As leading luxury watch experts, we will discuss what brands are considered luxury, what defines a luxury watch, the best luxury watches on the market and how you can upgrade to a luxury watch of your own.
Get answers to the following questions:
- What brands are considered luxury watches?
- What makes a luxury watch?
- What are the best luxury watches?
- How can I upgrade my watch collection?
Which Watch Brands Are Considered Luxury?
Some of the most popular luxury watch brands include:
- Patek Philippe
- IWC Schaffhausen
- Vacheron Constantin
- Audemars Piguet
- A. Lange & Sohne
What Makes A Luxury Watch?
Now that you know what brands are considered luxury watches, lets explore just what qualifies a luxury watch.
- Masterful Craftsmanship: Luxury watches are composed of hundreds of minuscule parts that must fit and function flawlessly together to power the watch. These watches need exceptional precision from master watchmakers, with certain timepieces even requiring years to design and construct.
- High Quality Materials: To ensure superb performance, luxury watches must be made with high quality materials, such as 18kt gold, carbon fibre and synthetic sapphire crystal. Brands like Richard Mille invest millions of dollars in experimenting with cutting-edge materials, like those used in rocket ships and Formula 1 cars.
- Longevity: When well taken care of, luxury watches can last a lifetime. They are specially designed to last for decades and stand the test of time, if regularly serviced by a professional watchmaker to ensure that every component is in perfect condition. With proper care and regular servicing, you can easily pass your luxury watch down for future generations to enjoy.
- Rich History: Many luxury watch brands are long established in the watch-making industry. These companies have a rich history filled with groundbreaking innovations, such as the first water resistant case or perpetual calendar, as well as consistently producing expectational timepieces.
- Status: By name alone, luxury watches evoke images of sophistication, adventure and power. These sentiments are enhanced by brand ambassadors such as A-list actors, world class athletes and models who embody these desirable traits. By wearing these coveted luxury timepieces, people can effortlessly demonstrate their personal status and success.
- Retains their Value: As opposed to a mass-produced watch, luxury watches better hold their value. An inexpensive watch will only last as long as its battery life while smart watches quickly become obsolete when new technology is introduced. However luxury watches remain desirable because of their masterful craftsmanship, enduring style and dependable performance.
What Are The Best Luxury Watches?
Whether you are new to luxury watches or are updating your collection, weve gathered our top picks of the best luxury watches for every kind of watch wearer.
Best Luxury Watch For Value: Rolex Submariner Date
When it comes to the best luxury watch for value, Rolexs Submariner Date is a must have. Following its launch in 1963, the Submariner set the standard for diving watches. The Submariner Date is available in various metal, dial and bezel combinations, allowing the wearer to find their perfect style. While made for diving and underwater exploration, the Submariner Date is so versatile, it will look just as great at the office as is does at sea.
Rolexs Submariner Date is robust due to its exceptionally precise movement and durability. As a certified Swiss chronometer, the Submariner Date has a mere deviation of +2/-2 seconds a day, so you can depend on its accuracy on land or sea. The Submariner Date can endure deep dives up to 300 meters and temperature variations. The movement is constructed with a parachrom hairspring to provide great shock resistance. For the unification of function, style and value, the Rolex Submariner cant be beat.
This watch features:
- Date window with a cyclops lens at 3 oclock
- Chromalight display on the hour makers and hands to allow for visibility in dark environments
- Triplock winding crown to make the case impervious to water, dust and other particles
- Oysterlock clasp to prevent accidental openings
- 48-hour power reserve
Best Luxury Watch For Daily Wear: Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra
Were looking to Omegas the Seamaster Aqua Terra for the best luxury watch for daily wear. Introduced in 2003, the Seamaster Aqua Terras dial was modelled after the wooden decks of luxury yachts with its teak dial pattern. Following a recent update to the Seamaster Aqua Terra collection, the dials have become cleaner and more legible with its date window having moved from 3 oclock to 6 oclock as well the teak pattern now running horizontally instead of vertically.
Omegas Seamaster Aqua Terra comes in various dial, strap and bracelet combinations. The stick hour markers and hands are coated in Super-LumiNova for visibility in the dark and underwater. For a modern and resilient certified chronometer for everyday wear, Omegas Seamaster Aqua Terra is a great choice.
This watch features:
- Minute track
- METAS approved magnetic resistance
- Transparent case back
- 55-hour power reserve
Best Luxury Watch For A Young Professional:Tag Heuer Carrera Calibre 16 DD
For the young professional, Tag Heuers Carrera Calibre 16 DD is the perfect match. This affordable starter luxury watch has been admired for its adventurous spirit. The Carrera debuted in 1963 as a chronograph professional racecar drivers. This watch was named after the Carrera Panamerica, a perilous car race in Mexico during the 1950s.
Wearers-to-be can choose from several dials, bracelets and straps for their perfect Carrera Calibre DD combination. The dial features rhodium plated indexes as well as a 1/4 second, 30 minutes, and 12-hour counter. The day and date window sit at 3 oclock and offer rapid date correction. To ensure that the Carrera Calibre is always accurate, you can use the stop-seconds functionality to precisely set the watch. Tag Heuers Carrera Calibre 16 DD performance, adventurous style and affordably makes this the perfect watch for young professionals.
This watch features:
- SuperLuminova coating
- Anti-reflective sapphire crystal
- Tachymeter scale
- < 42-hour power reserve
Best Luxury Watch For Ladies: Cartier Ballon Bleu
The best luxury watch for ladies can be none other than Cartiers Ballon Bleu. The Ballon Bleu has quickly become a modern classic with its bold and feminine look. The elegance of this watch cannot be understated. The Ballon Bleu has been seen on the likes of celebrities such as Kate Middleton, Jennifer Love Hewitt and Miranda Kerr. Wearers can select from various case sizes, metals and coloured straps to make Cartiers Ballon Bleu truly their own. The smaller Ballon Bleu cases are powered by a quartz movement, with the cases sized 33mm and up powered by an automatic movement.
What sets the Ballon Bleu apart from other women luxury watches is its unique shape. The case is entirely round, save for an arch over the crown at 3 oclock, which keeps the sapphire cabochon crown safely nestled within the case. The guilloche dial features Cartiers traditional blue-steel sword hands, a minute track and either Roman numeral or diamond hour markers depending on the model. For a sophisticated and timeless ladies watch, Cartiers Ballon Bleu is our favorite.
How Can I Upgrade My Watch Collection?
Ready to start or update your watch collection? myGemma can help. With our seamless and professional service, we can buy your luxury watches, designer jewellery and loose diamonds at competitive prices. Best of all, when you opt for our upgrade program, we can add 10% more on your offer in the form of store credit with one of our partners. Check out our hundreds of five-star reviews to see just why customers love our service.
Selling your luxury watches, designer jewellery and loose diamonds with myGemma is always easy, secure and free. Our process is so fast that you can receive payment in as little as 48 hours after completing our online form. Begin the selling process today by filling out our simple online form with information about your luxury pieces for a price quote. Getting your final offer is just as easy. Either schedule an appointment at one of our offices in the UK or request a free, secure, trackable and fully insured Special Royal Mail Pack. Once our experts can evaluate your pieces, you can promptly accept your payment by bank transfer or request to have your items sent back to you for free.