What Are The Top Luxury Handbag Brands Of 2022?
- Louis Vuitton
- Saint Laurent
What started out as a war orphan’s one-man bridle and harness making shop now produces some of the world’s most sought-after designer handbags, led by the Birkin. Their astronomical price tags and strong resale value make them the top handbag investment piece.
The secret may be the exquisite, high quality trademark saddle-stitching.
- The Kelly: Designed as a luxury handbag and designated “for the princesses of the world,” and named after a real-life princess and owner, Grace of Monaco (nee Grace Kelly).
- The Bridado: Use it as a backpack or tote. It’s one of the more affordable Hermes handbags, but has the traditional saddle stitching and colorful leather canvas.
Gabrielle “Coco” Chanel opened shop in Paris in 1910. The day’s most famous Parisienne actresses flocked to her designs. Coco designed up until her death at 87.
- The 2.55 Bag: Named for its creation date, this quilted luxury handbag introduced a leather-and-gold-chain shoulder strap that allows the owner’s hands to remain free.
- Classic Handbag: Shows off two Chanel signatures: diamond stitching and an internal double flap.
3. Louis Vuitton
Louis Vuitton started out as a master trunk maker in Paris. His son George revolutionized luggage locks. Post-WWII saw the addition of leather purses to the flourishing fashion brand.
- New Wave Multi-Pochette: Stunning snow-white leather set off by a short gold-color chain for hand carrying. The shoulder strap boasts Vuitton’s signature embroidery. With a sweet little removable coin purse.
- NéoNoé BB: Put this on your mini-bucket-bag list.
Guccio Gucci admired the ritzy hotel guests he portered for. This led to a worldwide powerhouse of fashion and luxury goods. Its purses recognizable by their interlocking diamond symbol, brand fans included — again! — Princess Grace.
- The Jackie Bag: The first hobo bag, originally called the Fifties Constance, was renamed when a certain stylish First Lady developed an enduring fondness for it.
- The GG Marmont: Two bags in one, thanks to its sliding chain strap. Featuring signature Double G software.
Started by brothers Mario and Martino Prada in 1913 as a leather goods shop. Today Prada is recognized worldwide (even in movie titles!) for its “sleekness.”
- Prada Galleria Bag: A “footed” luxury handbag made of Saffiano leather.
- Prada Re-Edition 2006 Bag: Kinder to animals than many luxury handbags (except for a removable leather keyring). Iconic, ultra-feminine.
6. Saint Laurent
Yves Saint-Laurent founded his French label in 1961. He’s credited with making ready-to-wear fashion itself fashionable.
- Love Box: Who wouldn’t love a romantic, heart-shaped luxury handbag?
- Duffle Supple Sac De Jour: This suede and leather bag makes for a roomy tote.
Hubert de Givenchy founded the luxury fashion and goods company in 1952. Beautiful actress Audrey Hepburn served as a muse (and was a wearer of Givenchy fashions) for years.
- The Antigone: A Givenchy brand cult favorite and very popular on the luxury handbag resale market.
- Nightingale Bag: Considered one of Givenchy’s “it” bags, this satchel’s name honors the founder of modern nursing.
Paris truly inspires fashion! Christian Dior founded this Parisian company in 1946, with a desire to return beauty and joy to women after WWII.
- Lady D-Lite: Stylish in embroidered gray stone Cannage canvas, with the Christian Dior signature on front.
- Saddle Bag: Reminiscent of its name and fashioned with Dior oblique embroidery and gold-finish metal hardware.
Princess Grace of Monaco patronized this French luxury brand, too! In 1945, Celine Vipiana opened a small shop with a red elephant – which would become the brand symbol – on the rooftop.
- Celine Macadam: A combo of canvas and leather and gold-tone hardware. With the signature Celine Macadam pattern, front logo patch, and two top handles.
- Tambour: Unusual with its Triomphe embroidered textile exterior plus textile lining and leather trim.
This English company was founded by then 21-year-old former draper’s apprentice, Thomas Burberry. In 1879, he introduced gabardine fabric. The 1920s saw the unveiling of the now ubiquitous Burberry checked print. Fittingly, the company’s Latin logo means “Forward.”
- Olympia: Two-toned and saddle-shaped and made in Italy. Has a front zipped pocket.
- Red Lola: Yellow and red with a fold-over top and magnetic closure.
Founder Gaby Aghion envisaged selling luxury ready-to-wear when she opened her fashion house in Paris. Chloe now counts Grammy- and Oscar-winners among its clientele.
- Marci: This soft leather satchel bag has a jaunty tasseled front flap and Chloe’s signature bow buckles.
- Daria Mini Round Leather Crossbody: An attractive round luxury handbag with a fun braided handle.
Called by Christian Dior “the master of us all” for his high standards, Cristóbal Balenciaga began with a shop in Spain. The Spanish Civil War propelled his move to Paris and fast forward to today is still counted as one of the top luxury handbag brands.
- Classic City: 100% leather and very yellow. On the small side.
- Cloud Tote: As big as the Classic City is small. Black leather with two top handles.
Sell Luxury Handbags
At myGemma, we provide a fast, easy and secure way to sell all of the top luxury handbag brands for the best price. With an A+ BBB rating and over one thousand customer reviews, we pride ourselves on our exceptional customer service.
myGemma is the modern and professional alternative to pawnbrokers, auctions and online listings. We buy your luxury items directly and believe in honest price quotes and transparent pricing. Our streamlined service is free of charge with no fees or commissions deducted from your final offer.
Sell online or in person: Our entire process can take as little as 24 hours from start to finish. Appointments are available with our luxury handbag experts in New York, the UK, Tokyo and Hong Kong. We also provide free, fully insured shipping to send your items into our offices. Get your price quote from our luxury experts today.