What Are The Top Swiss Watch Brands?
When discussing the top Swiss watches, the first company that springs to mind is Rolex, a brand that epitomizes the luxury watch. However, aside from their prestigious reputation, Rolex has a long history of innovation.
Established in 1905, Rolex was one of the first brands to master and commercialize wristwatches and produced the first waterproof wristwatch in the 1920’s. The brand prides itself on offering durable, innovative watches made to the highest of standards using the best quality materials. Furthermore, they have strong resell values in comparison to many other watch brands thanks to ongoing demand for Rolex’s.
Price point: $5,500 - $100,000
Our favorites: Submariner; The Daytona; The Datejust
2. Audemars Piguet
Founded in 1875 by Jules-Louis Audemars and Edward-Auguste Piguet, the Audemars Piguet company remains under the ownership of the founding families to this day. Although many businesses struggled during the Second World War, Audemars Piguet saw a lot of interest and business coming from the United States which enabled their brand to survive this difficult economic period. One of their most notable designs, the Royal Oak, was the first luxury timepiece to be designed in a sporty style.
Price point: $18,000 - $500,000+
Our favorites: Royal Oak; Millenary; Tourbillon
3. Patek Philippe
It is inconceivable to discuss Swiss watch craftmanship without naming Patek Philippe. As one of the earlier Swiss watch manufacturers, Patek Philippe was founded in 1851 in Geneva. Frequently referred to as one of the most prestigious Swiss companies, not only do they produce intricately beautiful designs but the mechanics and technology behind their masterpieces are unparalleled.
Price point: $18,000 - $500,000+
Our favorites: Nautilus; Chronograph; Grand Complications
The oldest brand in our top five, Longines, was established in 1832 by Auguste Agassiz in Saint-Imier. The Longines logo was created in 1889 and is the oldest unaltered registered trademark to date. Longines has a well established relationship with equestrian sports, so much so that their first advertisement was aimed at attracting horse racing bidders.
Price point: $1,000 - $4,500+
Our favorites: Master Collection; Legend Diver Watch; Dolcevita
Renowned for pioneering great advancements in the watch industry, Jaeger-LeCoultre is famed for inventing the world’s smallest calibre as well as thousands of other unique inventions. Established in 1833, the brand has registered over 400 patents and is responsible for breakthrough inventions. Including the keyless watch and the Millionometre, the most accurate measuring tool of its time. LeCoultre’s approach to innovation is what makes them one of the leading Swiss watch companies.
Price point: $5,000 - $50,000+
Our favorites: Master Ultra-Thin Moon Automatic; Master Control Ultra-Thin; Rendez Vous
What Makes A Good Swiss Watch Brand?
- Materials used: The top Swiss watch brands pride themselves on using only the finest of materials to craft their watches with. Many Swiss made watches use high quality steel which performs better and is much more durable than cheaper steels used on more affordable watches. Better quality watches also use more durable, scratch resistant crystal watch faces.
- Craftsmanship and Designer: Swiss made watches have a long history of skilled craftsmanship and great attention to detail. With elaborate internal mechanisms and high quality design, the craftsmanship and intricate detail you can find in luxury watches is unparalleled.
- Watch longevity: Top Swiss watch brands have a well deserved reputation longevity making them a durable and trustworthy choice. However, it is crucial to make sure your watch is serviced every three to four years and that it is looked after properly. It is important to check the guarantee or warranty for your watch. Note that a longer guarantee period is reflective of a company’s trust in their own products.
- Precision: Swiss watches are perhaps best known for their incredible precision in time keeping. In a region with competing watch brands, all pursuing the highest level of exact timekeeping, the drive to produce the most precise of watches has resulted in staggeringly accurate watches.
Why Is Switzerland Famous For Watches?
Switzerland is renowned for its luxury watches due to the long horological history within the region; a skill and commitment that has been upheld for generations. Thanks to this, Swiss made watches have developed a well earned reputation for producing the best quality watches in the world.
The Swiss watchmaking industry has paid a lot of attention to developing good time keeping precision and ensuring exceptional quality and innovative designs.
How To Buy Swiss Watches For The Best Price?
If you are looking for affordable Swiss watches, the best option to shop pre-owned watches from a reputable luxury seller. Use Swiss watches sell for a fraction of retail and yet are engineered to last decades, if not generations. So whether you are looking for Swiss diving watches, pilot watches, sports watches or mechanical watches, the used market has plenty to offer.
At myGemma, shop a wide range of pre-owned and expertly authenticated Swiss watches. Including luxury watch brands such as IWC Schaffhausen, Tag Heuer, Baume & Mercier, Vacheron Constantin and much more.
How To Sell My Swiss Watch?
If you are looking to sell your watch, whether it be Swiss-made or not, you need to make sure that you get the best possible price.
Unfortunately there are a great number of sellers online who sell counterfeited goods on auction sites. This makes it difficult for legitimate sellers to sell their authentic watches on these sites as the buyers do not want to risk being duped.
To get the best price for your watch, it is key to sell to expert buyers who can offer you a safe and quick selling process. A good way to find out about a watch buying company is to check their reviews online first.
myGemma is an A+ BBB accredited business, specialized in buying luxury watches, jewelry and handbags. Established in 2012 in New York City, we have since grown to have offices around the world and working with hundreds of customers on a daily basis.
A modern and professional alternative to pawnbrokers and auction sites, we make selling luxury watches quick, easy and stress-free.
- Our Experts: Our team of watch experts are on hand to evaluate how much your timepiece is worth and offer you the very best possible price. They are industry veterans with extensive experience in authenticating and pricing your watches on the current second-hand market.
- Speed: We buy your luxury items directly, and as such, the entire selling process can take as little as 24 hours from start to finish. We wanted to move away from an auction site model of selling luxury goods. We do not simply list luxury goods on your behalf and wait for them to sell. Instead, we provide a price quote, followed by a firm, final price once we have seen the item in person.
- Professionalism: We pride ourselves on providing a luxury selling service. There is never any obligation or pressure to sell and our service is free of charge.
- We believe that selling luxury goods should be a high-end experience. This has earned us an A+ BBB rating and over satisfied 1,000 customer reviews.
- Transparent Pricing: At myGemma, we do not believe in haggling or low balling our customers. As such, as provide honest price quotes and there are never any hidden fees or commissions deducted from your offer.
How It Works
Sell online or in person, our process is designed with your convenience in mind. Appointments are available in NYC, the UK, Hong Kong or Tokyo. We also offer free shipping and insurance to send your items in to our offices (our most popular option).
You will work with one dedicated client manager throughout the entire process, on hand to answer any questions you may have.
Fill in our online form and our experts will be in touch with a bespoke price quote. Provide as much information as possible, including whether you still have the original box and papers, as this will ensure that you receive the most accurate price quote.