Known for its timeless elegance, Van Cleef & Arpels’ Alhambra collection is one of the brand’s most iconic series. If you are considering selling Alhambra jewelry pieces, there has never been an easier time to do so. As a first time high-end jewelry seller, you might be asking yourself: What is my Van Cleef Alhambra jewelry worth? Where can I safely sell Van Cleef & Arpels Alhambra jewelry?
Get answers to the following questions:
- How much is my Van Cleef & Arpels Alhambra jewelry worth?
- Where can I sell Van Cleef & Arpels Alhambra jewelry?
- How to sell Van Cleef & Arpels Alhambra jewelry
The History Of Van Cleef & Arpels Alhambra Collection
Inspired by the ornate and scalloped archways of Spain’s Alhambra Palace, the first Alhambra necklace was created in 1968. This necklace was composed the series’ signature clover. Set in delicate gold upon a long chain, Alhambra’s clover represents good luck, health, fortune and love. A wide range of materials are used for the clover such as diamonds, turquoise and onyx but mother-of-pearl remains as the most popular material.
The Alhambra collection experienced a resurgence in popularity in the early 2000’s when it became a celebrity favorite and worn by the likes of Reese Witherspoon and Sharon Stone. Today the french luxury brand Van Cleef & Arpels Alhambra’s collection has expended to include rings, earrings, bracelets and watches, making it a truly versatile series.
How Much Is Van Cleef & Arpels Alhambra Jewelry Worth?
To get a price quote for your Van Cleef & Arpels Alhambra jewelry, you will need to know certain details about your piece. These details will determine the value of your jewelry:
- Materials: These are the materials that your jewelry is made of, such as rose gold or onyx.
- Age: While you do not need to know the exact age of your jewelry, understanding if your Alhambra is a vintage model or more modern piece will influence its value.
- Condition: Does your jewelry show signs of wear such as scratches or have you kept the pieces in good condition? The better your jewelry’s condition, the higher its value.
- Box and Papers: These refer to the original box and papers that your jewelry came in when purchased. While you can still sell Van Cleef & Arpels jewelry without its original box and papers, having them will increase your resale price.
If your jewelry contains diamonds you need to know the following:
- Color grade: This denotes how much color, or lack thereof, the diamond in your jewelry shows. Color grades range from D to Z, with D being a colorless diamond and Z a light yellow diamond.
- Cut Grade: This refers to the cut and proportions of a round brilliant stone. Fancy cut stones, (such as ovals, princess and emeralds for example) do not have cut grades.
- Carat Weight: This indicates how heavy a diamond is, with a single carat weighing about 0.02g.
- Clarity Grade: This refers to the presence, or lack thereof, of imperfections within the diamond. Even stones that look flawless may have imperfections which can be seen when closely examined under a loop.
Where To Sell Van Cleef & Arpels Alhambra Jewelry?
There are multiple buyers you can sell your Van Cleef & Arpels Alhambra jewelry to. Below we compare the benefits and drawbacks of some of the most popular selling options.
Pays in cash
|Does not employ designer jewelry experts who can accurately assess your jewelry’s worth. Because of this, their offers can be low which could result in you underselling.|
|Online Ads, such as eBay and Craigslist||User friendly
Set your own price
Difficult to price jewelry without industry knowledge
|No guarantee when or if your jewelry will sell
Certain websites will take a percentage of your earnings
|Auction Houses||Traditional selling method for high value items
|Auctions are held infrequently
No guarantee when or if your jewelry will sell
Takes a percentage of your earnings
Designer jewelry experts
Sell online or by appointment
|Limited locations for in-person appointments. myGemma offers appointments in New York, London, Birmingham, Tokyo and Hong Kong. However, you can sell your jewelry quickly and safely online.|
When selling your Van Cleef & Arpels Alhambra jewelry, as well as other high-end jewelry, luxury watches and handbags, myGemma is here to help. We are experienced designer jewelry buyers with an international presence and network of buyers.
Thanks to our buying power, we are able to buy your items directly for strong prices. The entire process can take as little as 24 hours from beginning to end. Best of all, our service is entirely free and without any hidden fees, so the final price we tell you is exactly how much you will receive.
You can feel confident selling with us because of our A+ rating from the BBB, hundreds of positive reviews from satisfied customers and 100% trust guarantee.
How To Sell Van Cleef & Arpels Alhambra Jewelry
Selling Van Cleef & Arpels Alhambra jewelry with myGemma is easy. Follow these 5 simple steps to learn how much your jewelry is worth and how to get paid today.
- Fill out or simple online form
- Receive your price quote
- Ship your jewelry to us with our free, trackable, fully insured and overnight mailing service, OR, schedule an appointment at one of our modern and secure offices
- Receive an expert valuation and final price for your jewelry
- Accept your offer and receive payment by wire, check or cash (cash is appointment only), or your jewelry is returned free of charge
Click the button below to receive your price quote today or call our jewelry experts at 646-569-3655 if you have any questions.