Whether you inherited a Cartier engagement ring or are in possession of one from a previous marriage, there are many reasons why you might be looking to sell it on. Cartier is one of the most established and iconic luxury jewelry designer brands on the market, thereby making their jewelry pieces extremely sought after. But how to sell Cartier engagement rings for the best price?
In this article, we will look at:
How Much Is My Cartier Ring Worth?
- Collection and Model Name: First and foremost, it is important to establish which Cartier ring you have. Cartier engagement rings each belong to different collections. Some of the more popular ones are the Cartier Love Ring and the Cartier d’Amour Ring. Knowing the collection and model name will help potential buyers establish a price.
- Box and Papers: When the item was initially bought, it will have come in a box with a document providing relevant information on your ring. This information may include the model of the ring and which materials it is made from, including information about any precious stones. It is particularly helpful if you have the box and papers as this will add value to your ring at resale as it is a sign of authenticity.
- Diamonds: Engagement rings typically feature one or several diamonds. Knowing the 4 C's (carat weight, color, cut and clarity grade) of the diamonds on the ring will enable diamond and designer jewelry buyers to provide you with an initial price quote. A local jeweler can typically provide this information free of charge.
Where To Sell Cartier Engagement Rings?
Whether you choose to sell online or in person, it is important to do your research. There are a range of ways to sell Cartier items, these include to:
- A Pawnbroker
- Online Auction Sites
- Expert designer jewelry and diamond buyers
You may consider selling your Cartier engagement ring to a pawnbroker, however it is important to note that if you are looking to retrieve your item you will need to repay the loan plus a hefty interest rate. If you are not looking to retrieve your ring, then you can opt to sell outright. However pawnbrokers tend to offer prices on the lower end of the price spectrum.
Online Auction Sites
Another option is to sell your engagement ring online. If you choose to sell your Cartier engagement ring online, popular options include auction sites such as eBay and Craigslist.
Although a simple way of selling your Cartier jewelry, it is important to check reviews and feedback of who you are selling your item to. You will also be responsible for ensuring that the jewelry arrives safely to the buyer and setting the price without expert input.
Selling in this way can take several weeks or months as you are waiting for someone to be looking to buy your exact ring at that exact price. Yellow gold, rose gold and white gold come in and out or popularity, as do different diamond shapes and styles. These will impact how quickly your ring sells.
Expert Designer Jewelry and Diamond Buyers
You also have the option of selling to professional diamond buyers. myGemma has an extensive understanding of the diamond and luxury jewelry industry and can fairly assess the second-hand value of your Cartier engagement ring.
myGemma is an A+ BBB rated business with GIA trained diamond experts who can offer you top dollar on your pre-owned Cartier engagement ring. An international company with global purchasing power, our offices are located in New York, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Birmingham (UK) and London (UK). We pride ourselves on offering not just strong prices but unbeatable customer service, read our online reviews.
From Cartier Love bracelets to luxury watches to Hermes handbags, we buy a wide range of luxury goods in as little as 24 hours.
Sell your fine jewelry to the luxury experts today:
- Simply fill out our online formtoday to receive a price quote
- Schedule by an in person appointment or we provide free, fully insured shipping to send your Cartier pieces in for a final price
- We get your paid: with no commissions or hidden fees, our entire service is free of charge
The History Of Cartier
Founded in Paris, France in 1847, Cartier was established as a luxury jewelry and watch company. Cartier was a family-owned business up until 1964. The three grandsons of Louis- François, Louis, Jacques and Pierre are widely regarded as the architects of Cartier’s longstanding, global success. Louis Cartier was responsible for creating some of the most celebrated and recognized Cartier designs.
Cartier engagement rings are particularly distinctive due to the fact that Cartier became a household name in the late 19th century, the same period in which engagement rings became prevalent. Cartier engagement rings have since remained highly coveted, adorning celebrities and royal figures alike.