Get answers to the following questions
- How to sell Birkin handbags
- What is the best place to sell a Birkin handbag?
- Why sell Birkin handbags to myGemma?
- What is my Birkin handbag worth?
How To Sell Hermès Birkin Bags
Simply click the button below to receive a price quote from our luxury experts. We can then provide free, fully insured shipping to send your bags in, or schedule an appointment in New York, Hong Kong, Tokyo or London. If you accept our final offer, we get you paid. If not, we return your items free of charge. There is never any obligation to sell.
What Is The Best Place To Sell A Birkin Bag?
Unlike placing your handbag for auction or listing it on an auction platform, myGemma buys your Birkin handbag outright—and the entire process can be completed in as little as 24 hours. With no hidden fees or commissions, our no-cost service allows you to sell a Birkin handbag quickly and conveniently. As expert luxury buyers, we pride ourselves on offering a streamlined, professional process with unparalleled customer service.
Whether you sell online or in-person at our New York office, we offer the option of selling for cash or store credit with our partner site myGemma (for an additional 10 percent on your offer). To get your custom price quote, click the button below.
Why Sell Birkin Bags To myGemma?
With headquarters in New York City, myGemma is a leading online buyer of designer bags, jewelry, diamonds, and luxury watches. Our expert luxury handbag buyers are able to accurately value and authenticate your Birkin bags.
Excellent customer reviews
We understand the value of of your luxury handbags, jewelry, and watches and the importance of working with a reputable, trustworthy buyer. Established in 2012 by industry veterans, myGemma takes pride in customer service, speed, and professionalism. But don’t just take our word for it: we have an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau and hundreds of online reviews from satisfied customers.
Expert luxury buyers
With years of experience in valuing and buying luxury goods, we have the required expertise and knowledge of the second-hand market to price Hermes Birkin handbags. Our teams of luxury handbag, jewelry, and watch experts, including GIA-trained gemologists are on hand to value your high-end pieces.
Unlike selling at an auction house or using an online auction platform, the buying and selling process at myGemma can take as little as 24 hours from start to finish. We believe that selling luxury goods should not only be an enjoyable process but a fast, streamlined one too.
Sell online or in-person
We provide two selling options for your convenience: online or in person.
Our most popular option is to sell online and employ our free, fully insured, overnight shipping service. Simply fill out our online form, receive your price quote, and we will send you shipping instructions and a prepaid shipping label. You can track your package every step of the way and it will be opened on camera when we receive it the following business day.
We also offer appointments at our offices in New York on the 11th floor of 535 Fifth Avenue (conveniently close to Grand Central Station). Here you can meet with our experts in person at our modern and professional headquarters.
Free service from start to finish
There are no hidden fees and no commissions deducted from your final offer. We believe in honest and transparent pricing. If are selling online, you can choose to be paid via wire or check. If selling in person, we also offer the option of being paid in cash.
What Is My Birkin Bag Worth?
Due to the high demand and relative scarcity, Birkin handbags often increase in value on the secondary market. The price your handbag commands will be based on a variety of factors including:
- Materials: Is your handbag made with fabric, calfskin, goatskin, ostrich, alligator, crocodile, or a combination of materials? Currently, the most popular leathers for Birkin handbags are: Box Calf, a smooth, polished calfskin; Togo, a soft calfskin with a pebbly, scratch-resistant surface; Clemence, a scratch-resistant calfskin with a matte finish; Fjord, a durable, heavier calfskin similar to Togo and Clemence; and, increasingly, varieties of chèvre (goatskin) leathers.
- CITES certificate: If you handbag is made with an exotic skin, it should have a CITES certificate which proves that your handbag was not made from an endangered species.
- Hardware: “Gold” hardware is likely to be either permabrass or gold-plated, while silvertone hardware is most often palladium-plated.
- Size: Specify your bag’s exact size, by measuring its width across the bottom. For example: The most popular sizes of Hermès Birkin handbags are currently the Birkin 30 and Birkin 35.
- Accessories: Does your handbag have its clochette, padlock, and keys intact and in good condition?
- Storage Materials: Are your bag’s box and dust bag in good condition?
- Condition: Be sure to take pictures of your bag’s front, back, bottom, interior, and any damage or obvious wear.
Let our experts give you a custom, no-obligation price quote for your Hermès Birkin handbag when you click the button below.
What Are Acceptable Conditions For A Birkin Bag?
Not sure if your Hermès Birkin bag is in shape to sell? Use this chart as a guide:
|Structure||Minor creasing or indentations||Heavy loss of shape|
|Exterior||Minor scratches, discoloration, or marks||Heavy scratches, discoloration, or staining|
|Interior||Light scratches, wear, or marks||Heavy scratches, stains, or tears|
|Odor||Light (perfume)||Heavy (cigarettes, storage)|
|Corners||Minor wear||Heavy wear, exposed piping|
|Hardware||Minimal scuffs, discoloration||Heavy scratches, discoloration, tarnish|
The History Of Birkin Handbags
The Birkin handbag was born in 1981 when English actress and singer Jane Birkin and Hermès Chief Executive Jean-Louis Dumas met on a flight from Paris to London. Birkin traveled with a straw bag because she claimed she couldn’t find anything roomy enough for all the things she needed to tote.
Intrigued, Dumas asked her what would constitute an ideal handbag, and the two spent the flight sketching ideas. By 1984, “Birkin” handbags were on sale at Hermès. By the 1990s, the Birkin handbag was a status symbol. Handmade in France from luxury leathers including crocodile, lizard, and ostrich, rare Birkins set auction records and long waiting lists for Birkins became legendary.
Established in 2012 by luxury industry experts, myGemma provides in-person appointments in New York City or the option of selling completely online. With an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau and hundreds of customer reviews, we take pride in our unparalleled customer service and secure, streamlined selling process. Whether you sell for cash or store credit, the entire process can take as little as 24 hours from start to finish.