Born between husband and wife duo Alfred Van Cleef and Estelle Arpels, Van Cleef & Arpels has long been celebrated for their fanciful and masterfully crafted jewelry. Especially the iconic Van Cleef & Arpels Alhambra collection.
For over a century, Van Cleef & Arpels have been admired for their fanciful designs, transformable creations and timeless designs. As a highly coveted luxury jewelry brand sold at premium prices, there are countless fake Van Cleef & Arpels jewelry on the market that can dupe even the most astute of buyers.
Looking to buy genuine pre-owned Van Cleef & Arpels jewelry? myGemma shares our top tips for spotting real Van Cleef & Arpels jewelry so that you can shop with confidence.
How To Spot Fake Van Cleef & Arpels Jewelry
As one of the premier luxury jewelry brands, Van Cleef & Arpels holds itself to an incredibly high standard. All of their jewelry is expertly constructed with the finest materials and the slightest imperfection can indicate a fake.
While the best way to determine the authenticity of a piece is to bring it to luxury jewelry experts, there are plenty of red flags to look out for that will give you an indication.
- Every single aspect of your Van Cleef & Arpels jewelry should be flawless, even under magnification.
- Genuine Van Cleef & Arpels jewelry is made with 18k yellow, white or rose gold as well as platinum.
- Replica jewelry is usually made with cheaper metals that feel lighter than their authentic counterparts.
- All necklace clasps and earring backings will feel sturdy and open with ease.
- The incredibly rare Mystery Set jewelry will have all gemstones perfectly set with no visible prongs or loose gemstones.
- While stamping can vary with older Van Cleef & Arpels jewelry, all modern pieces will be stamped with the Maison’s hallmark, unique serial number and respective metal type.
- The stamping will always be clean, evenly spaced and legible.
- The brand name will either be stamped as 'Van Cleef & Arpels' or 'VCA'. Any jewelry stamped with just 'Van Cleef' is a sign of a fake Van Cleef jewelry.
- The metal type will the stamped as either AU 750 for 18k gold or PT 950 for platinum.
- Real Van Cleef & Arpels gemstones will be nothing short of exceptional. Abraded and or cloudy looking gemstones are a big red flag.
- If your jewelry features multiple gemstones they should be evenly matched for color and size.
- All gemstones will be flush against their setting with no visible gaps.
- Sage green is Van Cleef & Arpels signature color and is featured frequently on their packaging.
- Usually, Van Cleef & Arpels’s inner jewelry box, pouch, shopping bag and folder for paperwork will be made in this shade of green.
- The outer jewelry box is typically white or silver with the brand name printed on the lid.
- The inner jewelry box will have a soft black interior with the brand name printed on top of the interior lid.
How To Afford Van Cleef & Arpels Jewelry
1. Shop Pre-Owned: Get up to 80% off retail prices on designer jewelry when you shop pre-owned. Pre-owned does not mean compromising on quality as each piece has been polished and refurbished to excellent condition.
2. Affordable Monthly Payment Plans: We offer affordable monthly payment plans with our partner Affirm.
3. Recycle Your Jewelry: Do you have jewelry that has just been collecting dust? Why not turn your old jewelry into funds for Van Cleef & Arpels jewelry that you will really love? Whether you have a diamond tennis bracelet, David Yurman ring, Omega watch or Tiffany & Co. necklace, sell your jewelry quickly, easily and safely.
Keep reading to find out where to sell your designer and luxury jewelry.
Where To Buy Real Pre-Owned Van Cleef & Arpels Jewelry?
With myGemma, you never have to worry about the authenticity of Van Cleef & Arpels jewelry. Our luxury jewelry experts meticulously assess all jewelry for authenticity and quality.
Enjoy shopping our wide assortment of pre-owned Van Cleef & Arpels jewelry as well as other affordable luxury jewelry from beloved brands such as Tiffany & Co. and Chopard.
How To Sell Van Cleef & Arpels Online?
myGemma offers the full resale journey from buying to selling. Why should you sell to myGemma? The entire selling process can take as little as 24 hours, making it one of the quickest ways to get paid for your designer goods.
To get started, just complete the simple online form to receive your bespoke price quote. The selling process is entirely free with no fees or commissions deducted.