Get answers to these questions:
- What are the different types of diamond experts?
- What to look for in diamond experts?
- Who is the best diamond buyer?
- How can I get the best price for my diamonds?
What Are The Different Types of Diamond Experts?
Anybody can call themselves an expert. There’s your cousin, who considers herself an expert because she has been engaged a couple of times. Then there’s the professional gemologist who has passed a stringent accreditation examination by the GIA.
- Professional Diamond Buyers: Specialist diamond buyers, such as myGemma, are made up of GIA trained gemologists. Our team has the industry knowledge to best evaluate and price diamond jewelry. Because we do a high volume of diamond business, we know the diamond market inside out.
We know which cuts are selling best—as well as which diamonds would benefit from a recutting. We understand how fluorescence impacts the value of a stone. The difference between a GIA report and an AGS.
As professional diamond buyers, we provide a free, streamlined selling process that can take as little as 24 hours. We provide you with the option of selling your engagement ring or diamond ring either online or in person. We believe in providing transparent pricing, honest quotes and an enjoyable selling experience.
- Jewelers and Pawnbrokers: Along with years of experience in the business, most jewelers and pawnbrokers have some kind of formal training. However, they likely do not do a volume business in buying and selling diamonds. As a result, may not be up to date on diamond market trends.
- Amateur Diamond Buyers: Thanks to platforms like eBay and Craigslist, there are more amateur diamond buyers than ever before. However sites are only as trustworthy as the people using them.
Beware of scams: buyers who claim your stone is a fake and demand a price reduction. Those who try haggling after the transaction is complete. Or worse, when someone returns your diamond jewelry having swapped out the stone for a fake diamond.
What To Look For In Diamond Experts
We strongly recommend working with diamond experts who meet the following criteria:
- Training: The gemologist who evaluates your stone should be GIA trained.
- Experience: Diamond grading is complex, so look for a business that employs a GIA trained gemologists. Assessing the exact characteristics of a stone and ascertaining current market worth requires pricing expertise as well as technical knowledge.
- Reputation: Only work with professionals who have an excellent rating with the BBB and plenty of outstanding reviews. Bad reviews or few reviews are an immediate red flag.
- Safety: Diamonds should be secure, fully insured, and trackable at all times.
- Convenience: A true expert will provide a seamless and transparent selling process both online or in person.
- Strong Prices: Established diamond experts should possess the necessary industry connections in order to provide clients with competitive offers.
- Free Service: Some buyers deduct fees or commissions before paying you. A reputable diamond buyer will offer a free service with no hidden costs.
Who Is The Best Diamond Buyer?
myGemma was founded in 2012 by industry veterans who recognized a lack of viable options for selling diamonds securely. We believe that the process of selling should be enjoyable as the process of buying. As such, we offer a streamlined, simple, and entirely painless selling process. We pride ourselves on providing not just strong prices, but also a convenient, discreet, and professional process with unparalleled customer service.
What sets us apart from other diamond jewelry buyers? An expansive network of industry connections and a team of experienced diamond experts. That means that we are always able to offer strong prices.
Unlike other buyers of pre-owned diamond jewelry, you never have to wait weeks to hear a price from us. In fact, the entire process can take as little as 24 hours.
We offer the option to sell online or in person and take the safety of your diamonds seriously:
- Free and fully insured overnight shipping
- Packages opened on camera for our customers’ protection
- A guarantee that we will safely return any items you choose not sell
Our commitment to excellence is backed by our A+ rating with the BBB and hundreds of outstanding customer reviews. Best of all, our process is entirely free, and we never take out any fees from your final offer.
Sell Your Diamond Jewelry In 5 Simple Steps:
- Complete our online form.
- Receive your bespoke price quote from our gemologists.
- Request a free, fully insured, trackable and overnight shipping label to send your jewelry to our office. Or schedule an appointment at one of our offices in New York, the UK or Hong Kong.
- Receive your final offer and accept payment. If you decide not to accept our offer, request that your diamond be returned to you—for free.
How To Sell Diamonds For The Best Price?
- Sell to diamond experts: This ensures that you are working with GIA trained gemologists.
- Preserve any paperwork: Jewelry from designer brands comes with a presentation box and a certificate. Keep these materials in good condition as they add value.
- Diamond Certification: You may have a certificate from a grading lab detailing the diamond’s characteristics. Be aware that some labs are more generous with their valuations than others. GIA certification is considered to be the most accurate and detailed.