Within the world of luxury, there are a few handbags that hold particularly high price tags. One being the Hermès Birkin, which is often particularly expensive because it has to be sourced on the secondhand market. This is due to how difficult they are to source firsthand.
On a whole other level, there are the top most expensive bags in the world. Read on to find out which bags they are and how much they are worth.
What Are The Most Expensive Bags In The World?
- Debbie Wingham’s Upcycled Egg Bag: $6.7 million
- Mouawad’s 1001 Nights Diamond Purse: $3.8 million
- Hermès Rose Gold Kelly Bag: $2 million
- Hermès Birkin Bag by Ginza Tanaka: $1.9 million
- Hermès Chain d’Ancre Bag: $1.4 million
- Lana Marks Charlize Theron Cleopatra Clutch: $400,000
- Hermès Himalaya Birkin Bag in Niloticus Crocodile: $388,738
- Hermès Feather Embroidery Sellier Mosaïque Kelly 32: $352,825
- Hermès Matte Alligator Faubourg Birkin: $320,000
- Chanel Diamond Forever Handbag: $261,000
1. Debbie Wingham’s Upcycled Egg Bag: $6.7 million
Topping our list as the most expensive bag in the world is Debbie Wingham’s Upcycled Egg Bag at $6.7 million.
2. Mouawad’s 1001 Nights Diamond Purse: $3.8 million
Once the most expensive bag in the world, Mouaward’s 1001 Nights Diamond Purse held a Guinness World Record for its high price. The heart-shaped bag is made from 18-karat gold and is encrusted with 4,517 diamonds.
3. Hermès Rose Gold Kelly Bag: $2 million
The first Hermès on the list is the Rose Gold Kelly Bag. It was made in collaboration with Pierre Hardy and is made out of solid rose gold. The bag is decorated with 1,160 diamonds.
4. Hermès Birkin Bag by Ginza Tanaka: $1.9 million
Next up on the list is the Hermès Birkin Bag by Ginza Tanaka. The bag features over 2,000 diamonds on the exterior and a diamond-encrusted strap. The strap can also be removed to turn the bag into a clutch and wear the strap as a bracelet or a necklace.
5. Hermès Chaine d’Ancre Bag: $1.4 million
The Hermès Chaine d’Ancre Bag is an amalgamation of a handbag and jewelry. The small bag is decorated with over 1,000 diamonds.
6. Lana Marks Cleopatra Clutch: $400,000
The Lana Marks Cleopatra clutch bag became a popular accessory during the 2000s. Celebrities have been seen with the bag, such as Charlize Theron and Angelina Jolie. However, the most expensive version was for actress Li Bingbing, which features 40 carats of black diamonds.
7. Hermès Himalaya Birkin Bag in Niloticus Crocodile: $388,738
The most expensive classic style Birkin from Hermès is the Himalaya Birkin Bag in Niloticus Crocodile in Gris Cendre Diamond. One of the rarest bags in the world, it features white gold hardware with diamonds.
8. Hermès Feather Embroidery Sellier Mosaïque Kelly 32: $352,825
This Kelly 32 bag was made in 2010. Designed with geometric panels of feathers, the bag sold at a 2021 Christie’s auction in Hong Kong.
9. Hermès Matte Alligator Faubourg Birkin: $320,000
The Faubourg Birkin is designed to look like a Hermès storefront. One of the most collectable bags, it is made with alligator leather. This particularly rare version was sold at Christie’s in 2022.
10. Chanel Diamond Forever Handbag: $261,000
Karl Lagerfeld introduced the Chanel Diamond Forever bag, which is designed in the same style as a Classic Flap bag. The bag has white gold hardware, a diamond-encrusted clasp that total 3.56 carats.
Shop Designer Handbags
Each item on myGemma’s website has been expertly authenticated in-house by one of our experts. This authentication process ensures that you can feel confident that you are buying the real deal.
myGemma also stocks a wide range of jewelry, watches, and other small luxury accessories.
Sell Designer Handbags
If, on the other hand, you would like to sell your designer handbags, myGemma buys directly from the customer.
The selling process is quick, easy, and simple. From price quote to payment, it can take as little as 24 hours to get paid. Check out myGemma's online reviews to see what previous customers think. Fill out the online form linked below to get started.