Wondering what to do with the jewelry you don't wear? The first step is to ask yourself these 5 key questions:
Question 1. Does It Fit Your Current Style?
The first question to ask yourself when deciding what to do with jewelry you don’t wear is if the piece fits your current style. Perhaps you have undergone a style evolution and those chic earrings that you bought a few years ago no longer feel true to who you are. Or maybe you were gifted something that quite simply was never your style. The bottom line is that if you don’t love a piece, you will not feel comfortable and confident when wearing it, so you will not wear it. So it is time to let go.
Question 2. Do You Want A Different Version Of The Same Thing?
Next up, consider if you actually just want a different version of the same thing. Maybe you love the style of your Hermes Clic H bracelet, but the color isn’t for you. You might find yourself wanting a fresh color like hibiscus, noir or rose cendre. Or maybe those diamond studs are great but you really would prefer different sized stones. In which case, it is time for a jewelry upgrade.
Question 3. Have You Worn It In The Last 6 Months?
Deep down, we all know that if you have not worn something in the past 6 months, then you’re not likely to wear it again. So why clutter your jewelry box with pieces you don’t wear?
Question 4. Are You Saving It For A Special Occasion?
The only real exception to question number 3, is if you have you been holding onto a piece of jewelry for a long time because you are waiting for a special occasion to wear it. Perhaps this jewelry is best suited for upscale events and weddings or maybe it’s your lucky charm for first dates. Whatever the reason may be, if your jewelry has not been worn in a long time but is being saved for specific occasions, hold on to it.
Question 5. Does It Have Positive Emotional Value?
The final question to ask yourself when deciding what to do with jewelry you don’t wear, is if the jewelry has positive emotional value. The feelings you have towards the piece will play a key part in your decision. Whether it’s your first piece of luxury jewelry, a gift from a loved one or a piece with wonderful memories attached it to, these are all fantastic reasons to hold on to jewelry. Conversely, if the jewelry weighed down with negative memories, such as a former relationship, then it’s likely for the best if you part with the jewelry and move on.
What To Do With Jewelry You Don't Wear?
After answering these questions, see which of the following three options suits you best:
- Keep: After careful consideration, you have realized that the jewelry in question is a keeper. Whether this jewelry is your go-to piece for the holiday season or has positive emotional value, in the words of Marie Kondo, this jewelry sparks joy. Take some time to think of ways to incorporate the jewelry back into your wardrobe or what new pieces can complement it.
- Sell: If you’ve fallen out of love with your jewelry, it’s time to part with it. The good news is that you can sell your designer jewelry for cash to a reputable buyer like myGemma. This will allow you to clear out your jewelry case and make money in the process. Get your price quote today.
- Upgrade: If you are looking for something different, upgrading your jewelry is a fantastic option. Whether you are yearning for a more glamorous diamond, specific design or latest creation from your favorite designer, myGemma can help you upgrade your jewelry collection. When you sell your designer jewelry, we can provide you with 10% more on your offer in the form of store credit.
How To Sell Jewelry You No Longer Want?
At myGemma, we are experts designer jewelry buyers who are committed to providing our clients with a seamless selling process. With a team of industry professionals, our international presence and global buying power, we will always provide you with honest and competitive offers for your designer jewelry as well as diamonds and luxury watches. Our streamlined buying service has earned us an A+ rating with the BBB and 1,000+ excellent customer reviews.
To start the selling process:
- Complete our simple online from with information about your pieces.
- Our experts will get back to you with a price quote.
- To get your final offer, you can schedule an appointment at one of our offices in New York, the UK or Hong Kong OR use our free, fully insured, trackable and overnight mailing service.
- Once our experts can assess your pieces, we will provide you with a firm offer. You can accept your payment by wire, check, cash (in-person appointments only) or receive 10% more on your offer when you trade in for store credit.
Now that you know what to do with jewelry you don’t wear, click the button below to see how much you can get paid today.