People sell high-end jewelry for a variety of reasons. It may be that it is something that they no longer wear, something that they inherited or that they simply need the cash.
The bottom line is that selling your Harry Winston ring, Chopard necklace or Graff earrings will allow you to generate money. And this can be put towards upgrading your jewelry, paying off your mortgage, vacations… the list is endless.
Whatever your reason for selling, the most important thing is to find a trustworthy seller who will pay you a fair amount.
How To Sell High-End Jewelry Online
1. Find Out The Details On Your Piece
Any buyer will want to know the details of the item that you are looking to sell. Below we have outlined the key information you need:
|INFORMATION YOU WILL NEED|
|DIAMONDS||The carat weight, color grade and clarity grade. You can typically find this information on a diamond certificate (such as a GIA certificate, Gemological Institute of America), jewelry insurance or appraisal.|
|METAL||Is it gold, platinum or silver? If it is gold, what is the karat weight? Karat weight refers to the purity of the gold.|
|GEMSTONES||Carat weight. This refers to the weight of the diamond, measured in carats.|
|BRAND||Is it Tiffany, Chopard, Van Cleef, Cartier, Graff, Harry Winston etc.? Luxury designer brands sell for a premium, especially if you still have the original box and papers.|
|TIME PERIOD||Is your jewelry modern? Or are you selling vintage jewelry or antique jewelry?|
You may have the original paperwork on your piece that details the brand and the quality of any precious metals or stones. In which case you are in a good position to start selling.
If you do not, then it is important to get an educated opinion. A local jeweler can often give you a good idea of the characteristics of your jewelry at no cost. You do not need to ask for a written appraisal (there are typically costs associated with this).
2. Best Ways To Sell High-End Jewelry Online
So what options are available to you? Popular options for selling high-end jewelry include:Sell Online To High-End Jewelry Buyers
- Example: myGemma.
- Pros: Quick and easy, selling online allows you to sell from the comfort of your home. Get your price quote today: there are no fees, you will receive a competitive price and work with designer jewelry experts. We buy your jewelry outright with no middle man, meaning that the entire process can take as little as 24 hours.
Cons: Some people do not yet feel comfortable selling online. If you would like to talk to someone on the phone to get to know myGemma, call +1 646 569 3655.
Sell Online To Consumers
- Examples: eBay, Craigslist.
- Pros: Popular option, quick to upload details of your jewelry.
- Cons: Difficult to set a reserve price without working with jewelry specialists. An online auction can be a time consuming way to sell jewelry online. Always stay alert for scammers when selling to members of the public instead of established jewelry-buying companies.
Sell Jewelry Locally
- Example: Pawn shops, Jewelers.
- Pros: Local, convenient.
- Cons: Low prices unless sold on consignment, which is long process with no guarantee of sale and the jeweler takes a percentage of the sale price.
Regardless of whom you choose to sell your high-end jewelry to, we always recommend that you take the following precautions:
- Work with a company that has an A+ rating from the BBB.
- Check reviews from previous customers.
- Check that there are no upfront fees involved.
Buy High-End Jewelry Online
myGemma is the go-to for luxury and designer accessories. Everything on myGemma's website has been expertly authenticated by a member of the team. You'll find designer brands such as Chanel and Rolex.
Sell High-End Jewelry Today
At myGemma, our designer and luxury jewelry experts are on hand to help you sell your high-end jewelry. Our process can take as little as 24 hours and there are no fees involved.
Simply fill out the online form to get started. From price quote to payment, the selling process can take as little as 24 hours.
What Is High-End Jewelry?
You may be wondering what is defined as high-end jewelry. 'High-end' is of course a subjective term.
Designer jewelry from luxury brands such as Chopard, BVLGARI or Van Cleef & Arpels is considered high-end jewelry. Equally, diamond jewelry such as an engagement ring or diamond ring with high quality diamonds would also be considered high-end.
The fact is, if your jewelry or luxury watch has monetary or emotional value you will of course be looking to sell it securely and for the best price. That is where myGemma comes in.
We understand the value of your jewelry and always work our hardest to get you the most money. We pride ourselves on providing exceptional customer care, professionalism and expert knowledge of the second-hand luxury market.