If you are wondering how to sell diamond rings, you may first consider traditional diamond selling options like pawnbrokers or local jewelers. The reality is that many pawnbrokers, local jewelers, and some online buyers often do not have the necessary experience or market knowledge to make strong offers.
At myGemma, our team GIA trained gemologists are leading diamond experts and trained diamond buyers. We have unparalleled knowledge of the second-hand diamond market.
How Much Are My Diamonds Worth?
Diamonds are complex items to value and require expert gemological knowledge. These precious stones have 20 principal aspects that govern their value. The main factors that will affect how much your diamond ring is worth includes:
- Certificates: Are the diamonds in your ring certified? Certificates can be variable in their quality and this will affect your initial estimate.
- Condition of the Diamond: Are there any chips or abrasions? If so the price will be negatively impacted.
- Original Purchase Price: The amount of money you get vs the price you paid will depend largely how fair the original purchase price was.
- Market Conditions: Are the diamonds sought after and in fashion? Is the styling of your ring in fashion? Market demand for your type of diamond engagement ring will affect value.
- The 4 C’s: These are diamond color grade, clarity grade, cut grade and carat weight. These 4 factors form the basis of establishing the quality of a diamond and its value. Diamond color grades range from D (highest quality color) – Z (lowest quality color), while cut grades range from IF (Internally Flawless) -I3 (Included). Cut grade only applies to round diamonds and ranges from Excellent to Poor. And finally, the higher the carat weight, the more valuable the diamond is.
Where to find this information:
The 4 C’s of your diamond can be found on most diamond appraisals or grading reports. An example of a grading report would be a GIA certificate (Gemological Institute of America).
myGemma also buys non-certified diamonds rings. We are one of the very few companies to buy all diamonds of any color, clarity and condition. Our minimum carat weight is 0.50ct for round diamonds and 0.75ct for fancy shape diamonds. We do not buy black diamonds, brown diamonds, synthetic diamonds or rough diamonds.
Our team of world class experts at myGemma have a vast network of buyers and sellers. This enables us to offer extremely competitive pricing. Our process is extremely simple and straightforward.
To find out how much your diamond is worth on the second-hand market, click the button below.
How To Sell Diamond Rings?
Selecting the right buyer to sell your diamond ring to is not the easiest task. There are many poor choices to be made in the marketplace. myGemma has taken a different approach to the experience with speed and simplicity at the heart of our offering.
So why sell your diamond ring to myGemma?
- Reputable Buyer: myGemma is a trusted diamond buyer. We have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and hundreds of customer reviews. We are also members of the exclusive American Gem Society and other trade bodies. Established in 2012, we have traded over $100mm to date and worked with hundreds of thousands of customers around the world.
- International Business: We are a global business and have personnel and operations across the Americas, Europe and Asia. This results in extremely competitive pricing.
- Fast: Our process can take as little as 24 hours from start to finish. We have streamlined the selling process to allow you to receive funds as quickly as possible.
- Sell Online or via Appointment: We offer the convenience of selling diamond rings online or via appointment. Schedule your appointment at our modern, secure offices in NYC, Hong Kong, Tokyo and the UK.
- Free: We take no fees and our selling process is free of charge. There are no hidden extras when dealing with myGemma. We offer free overnight, fully insured shipping that you can track every step of the way. And free returns should you not accept our offer.
- Diamond Experts: It pays to sell your diamond jewelry to the experts. Our team of GIA trained gemologists can accurately grade and price your diamond rings, designer jewelry or luxury watches. This is where local diamond buyers are not always the best. For example, not all staff at a pawn shop will be trained diamond experts.
- Customer Service: We pride ourselves on offering the very best of customer service. You will work with one customer service representative throughout the entire process. They will be on hand to answer all of your diamond selling related questions.
- Secure: The safety of your diamond ring is of upmost importance to us. That is why we offer fully insured shipping and packages are always opened on camera for your safety.
- Transparency: Our process is designed to be as transparent and honest as possible. We provide honest price quotes based on the information provided and there are no hidden costs deducted from your offer. We believe that it is both in your interest and ours to give realistic price quotes.
Sell your engagement ring or pieces of jewelry quickly, easily and for the best prices with myGemma.
What Types Of Diamond Rings Can I Sell?
myGemma buys a comprehensive range of diamonds rings. Your ring can contain one or many diamonds. Our team will place a value on your rings and make you an offer. We buy:
We also buy designer jewelry, luxury watches and handbags. And for those looking to upgrade their diamond ring, we offer an upgrade program. This gives you the option of receiving a higher offer in the form of store credit. When inquiring, simply let us know that you would be interested in upgrading your diamond ring.